Tuesday, June 22, 2010

1. I leave it at that

You chose:
1. I leave it at that.

"Look, Gordon. We're done here. I have a game to coach in New Jersey." I shut the door and begin packing my stuff. What does one even pack for New Jersey? I only have one sport coat. Maybe I can be the first NBA coach to sport sweater vests. I have a colorful assortment of those.

I walk out the front door, I hop in my Lexus, and I head for the airport. With surprising ease, I am able to buy a seat on the red-eye flight to New Jersey. I thank the gay, Polynesian attendant. He talked about his boyfriend; I'm not stereotyping him for his eye liner.

I head for the short security line. My ticket reads Gate 47. I take off my shoes and only sport coat. I unpack my Macbook. I walk thru the scanner only to set off piercing alarms. I back up and empty my pockets of my wallet, keys, and phone. Maybe my soul too.

I re-dress myself, in public, with blue-uniformed eyes amusing themselves at my expense. I can't wait to just fall asleep on that plane. Just get on board and crash. Not the plane. I mean I can crash. Like fall asleep. Just get on board and pass out. Much better. Actually this whole night is going much better. Goodbye, Ramsay. Hello, New Jersey Nets.

As I contemplate the glorious possibilities in front of me, namely passing out on the plane, Gordon gets out of a cab at the airport. He shuts the door and starts walking toward the terminal, ticket in hand.

Destination: New Jersey.

THE END.




No comments:

Post a Comment