Tuesday, June 22, 2010

a. I shut the door

You chose:
a. I shut the door.

"Shun," I declare emphatically, using the invisible force field hand-gesture.

"Very well, Brent," Chef Ramsay says. I close the door while he's still mumbling some unintelligibly accented English. I turn the porch light off mid-monologue. He can't keep talking to me if I shunned him. That's uncouth.

As Gordon walks away, he slowly starts to realize that the house of my friend with the tiled living room floor is on the property of an 1800s-era cult. Watchmen, dressed in overcoats eerily similar to hooded monks' robes, approach Gordon as he leaves the house. Slowly, steadily, ominously, they surround him as a circle of ten hooded devil-monks with torches.

A blood-curdling scream penetrates the thin summer night. I lock the door and return to my cozy spot on my friend's tiled living room floor. With the fan right in front of my face.

THE END.




No comments:

Post a Comment