Wednesday, June 23, 2010

a. Hang around and decipher the next clue

You chose:
a. We hang around and decipher the next clue.

We sit down on the edge of the fountain looking up at our handiwork. The Obama statue's face is shattered in pieces all through the water. I look down to the water and stare at the arrogant nose we removed from Obama's head. It's empty. His head. I smile at the physical manifestation of my long-held beliefs about his leadership.

(Editor's note: I'm actually a bit nervous to type this next part. If Homeland Security screens blogs of conservatives, this could be bad. Alas, this is fiction.)

As Gordon and I contemplate the missing clue or whether we interpreted it correctly to begin with, we are violently surrounded by Secret Service, FBI, and NSA agents. They slam us to the ground and arrest us, no mention of rights or any of that nonsense. It's ok. I've heard it before on Law & Order. I never have understood the big deal with that anyway. Of course I can remain silent. Are they going to water-board me into answering questions? Well, maybe so. They think we're in a plot to a**a**inate the President (Editor's note: I used my own hodgepodge encryption to keep Big Brother from misconstruing my fictional story as an actual threat. I'm quite sly like that. Sly like a spy.) He's anti-water-boarding for terrorists, but right-wing nut jobs are a different matter.

Anyway, they walk me to an unmarked, armored truck. I am pretty legit. They better have air cover too. I look out the door, still opened, and see them uncuffing Gordon. He shakes hands with an agent, and they share a good laugh. I'm sure it was a funny joke. Gordon's always so charming. Two SWAT-type agents slam the door to my unmarked, armored truck.

Scenes start flashing through my head like my life before my eyes, except they aren't scenes from my life. I see Gordon in his office, terrified that I knew he offed an Army Ranger. I see him pacing his house with his hands on his head. I see him in an office meeting with a Government Suit hatching an elaborate plan to get me to this point right here. In cuffs. In an unmarked, armored truck. On my way to an undisclosed location.

Well played, Mr. Ramsay. Your secret's safe now.

THE END.




No comments:

Post a Comment